Why Women Feel Too Much Cold
It is scientifically proven that women suffer more cold weather than men. Finally, it’s not just our imagination. Science has proven that female bodies are more sensitive to the cold than those of men. Could it be the massive bush of hair on his chest? It may well be, but some researches say also that:
- An average woman will have a more even distribution of fat just below the skin surface, whereas this is thinner for guys.
- This is partly because an average woman might have 20 to 25 per cent body fat, whereas an average guy might have about 15 per cent.
- When a woman reduces the blood flow to the skin, the temperature of the skin drops as the blood has been moved below her layer of fat.
- So when a woman says she is cold, she “really” means her skin is cold.
- The Lancet study also showed that women’s core body temperatures are, on average, 0.4 degrees higher than men’s – meaning they literally have cold hands, but a warm heart. Is that right?
- A woman’s core temperature also fluctuates throughout her menstrual cycle.
- In contrast, a man’s core temperature remains fairly steady all the days.
So whenever you feel cold or she tells you that she is cold, you should no matter what, cover her up. She ain’t lying.